Like most relationships that involve some give and take, partnerships and joint ventures can be tough. But when done right, they can take you and your business to the next level. Alexa DePasquale – VP, Partnerships Lead at Grey Adventures – has spent her career helping businesses identify and capitalize on their synergies. In this video, she share with us her thoughts on developing and maintaining healthy partnerships and joint ventures.
My Favorite Takeaways:
- Definitely do this: Do your homework on the company and the people. There are probably lots of potential partners for your business. You want to make sure that your partners not only have the capability to help you get to the next level, you also want them to have the personality to work with you when things don’t go as planned.
- Don’t do this: Don’t be an a-hole. You can be assertive and focused on your objectives with out alienating those with whom you need or want to work.
- Networking tips:
- Get out there! Speak to all types of people and attend various events. Eventually, you’ll hone a style that works for you. (Speaking of which… here’s my post on “How to Rock a MeetUp and Other Networking Events”)
- If you don’t ask, you don’t get. People aren’t mind readers. Ask for what you need or want. You may hear no, but you may also get a “yes.”
- Bring your business cards to the bathroom (and, well, everywhere). You never know who you’ll meet and where.
Connect with Alexa: